The importance of Teaching Your Child Emotional Strength
It is important to help your child learn how to explore their emotions so they can develop what what we call Emotional Strength. Emotional strength is the ability to recognize, feel, and maintain a sense of control over our feelings and thoughts. Rather than allowing our feelings and thoughts to control us and our day.
Humans are emotional. It is our gift; however, it can also be our downfall when we don’t understand how to use it to our advantage.
Emotional strength provides one with:
- The ability to stand up to unhealthy peer pressure.
- The ability to stand up to bullying.
- The internal strength to turn negative thoughts into empowering thoughts.
- The ability to believe in oneself even when others are unkind or disrespectful.
- The ability to control their own level of happiness.
- The ability to walk away from unhealthy relationships.
When one lacks emotional strength, life is more challenging and darn right discouraging. It creates anxiety and depression and with the development of social media these things continue to be on the increase since 2010.
Learning to understand how to bring oneself calmness or excitement and the full variety of feeling we have with our emotions is a powerful way to gain mastery over our life.
Life should be about meaning. The meaning we attach to things, ideas, feelings, etc. Learning to control your emotions allow you to become the author of your life.
What type of story do you want to write for your life or help your child write for themselves?
Please share your thoughts with us.